Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Monday, so good to me....


Sunday was a lazy one, as predicted. After the sun was out all day Saturday, Sunday turned out to be freezing. Mistress Lyn and I snuggled up in front of the television with a DVD of 'Lust and Caution'. Beautiful film by Ang Lee, but about five minutes from the end the DVD broke down and we have no idea how it ended! Book-keeper Victoria lent it to us, so we are going to have to get the low-down on the finale from her. So frustrating. I knew we should have watched 'Best in Show'.

Yeah, today I got to leave the property. I love going for trips in the car. ML and I went to the gym. Spirit is about a 10 minute drive away and they are very, very nice to us pups - even if we are expected to be tied up outside with a bowl of water. At least there are lots of gym junkies coming and going, so I get my fare share of pats. Here's a photo of the lovely Anthea giving me a massage after I went overboard with my downward dog position.

Then it was off to the local shops where we called in and said hello to everyone: Keith at the greengrocers, Ruth at the Country Women's Association store, Nicole at the Post Office, and Richard at the Newsagent. Ran into a very nice dog called Biko. Suggested that he might like to start his own blog and we could link to each other. Said the only links he was interested in were sausage links. Duh!

When we got home I had a bit of a chat to Vince and Olly, head of the duck community here on the farm. Lots of fuss about the fox that's been visiting and I've promised to circle the duck pen each night and let off a few warning barks, before I go to bed. Much as those ducks are a pain in the butt, us pets have got to stick together. That's the three of us having a sub-committee meeting on the back lawn. 

Lots of winter fruit and vegies are out. We chopped down some bananas yesterday and have some ripening on the back verandah. ML loves the silver beet and the cumquats, the custard apples and the passionfruit. Me?  I'm just happy munching on an old bone. 

No comments: