Friday, July 25, 2008

All Rained Out

The Byron Bay Writers Festival was rained out so Mistress Lyn decided to take us both to Bangalow Hairdressing for a spruce up. Not that I need it of course, but I like to keep ML company while she gets 'rooted and blow jobbed' as she puts it. That's John in the pic, doing his best with my 'do'.

Our friend Tracey called in with lunch. She seems to think that I will get on with her feline friend, Victoria, (not the stalker book-keeper from yesterday), but let's set the record straight - Me Dog, She Cat. No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I'm not one for mixed marriages. Now, then again, ML does insist on keeping that no-good Abyssinian cat Felix in the house, so I wouldn't mind getting rid of him. Maybe Tracey can do a bit of match-making there. 

David Stratton and Bruce Beresford are featured at a literary lunch tomorrow at the Beach Hotel, but ML couldn't get tickets as they were all sold out. Pity as she worked with David at the Sydney Film Festival, so she is hoping to be able to catch up with him while he is here. Tomorrow night she is going to see local girls Scarlet Affection and support act The Romaniacs, which should be a good gig. Once again, no dogs allowed (what the!). 

Didn't get a chance to check out the three boxers up at our holiday cottage, but they are here for a couple of weeks, so all in good time. Every now and again I run out the front and let off a few barks just so they know who is the boss around here.

ML going off to the pub tonight and leaving me at home alone. Thank God for cable TV. Anyone seen that show 'Balls of Steel'? Incredibly funny. I think its on the Comedy Channel Thursdays. Not as good as 'Dogs With Jobs' of course, but worth a look-see.

Thanks Linda and Alf for the email. A big lick on the face back to you too. And Victoria (yes, you the stalking book-keeper), I'm flattered, but you must stop the texts and emails. Its getting embarrassing.

No comments: