Thursday, July 24, 2008

Book-keeper Loves Dog: Go Figure!

Ok, so its a couple of days since I've dogged on .... oops, sorry, blogged on. But, hey, its been raining cats and dogs up here at Possum Creek and its no fun for a pup who is used to a lot of sunshine. I was trapped inside today with ML (Mistress Lyn, to you). Her buddy, Victoria, came over to help with the book-keeping and boy can those two yap-a-lot. I don't know how much book-keeping got done but I can tell you some of that girl talk was pretty interesting. But my lips are sealed. Don't even bother sending any bribes (unless they are those yummy Mutt Munchies from Bangalow Farmers Market). I'm a little bit worried that Victoria has a crush on me. Jeez, some women just seem to go crazy for the blond, cuddly types don't they?  I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the attention but for one thing I am twice her age and, for another, I'm a tenth of her size. I just don't see much future in it. Just look at this photo. Scary, isn't it.

We have some ladies staying in our Hilltop Cottage who have three dogs with them, all boxers! I'll be checking them out tomorrow and let you know what I think.
 
And Mistress Lyn is off to the Byron Bay Writers Festival but no dogs are allowed. What's the story? Don't they realise that there are some very well-read dogs out there that wouldn't mind a bit of intellectual stimulation? Life's a Bitch sometimes.

1 comment:

Tracey Hordern said...

Hey Charlie, just back from the writer’s festival with foodie/cook extraordinaire, Kylie Kwong banging her woks about in a rather flamboyant style. She did a dish or two I know you would have loved… think Bangalow pork, a favourite of most locals, four legged or otherwise. Not a dog in sight, but I did see some pretty cool cats.
Speaking of which, I must introduce you to Mistress Victoria of Bangalow, (not to be confused with the stalking bookkeeper). Looking forward to any juicy details regarding Mistress Lyn. Perhaps we can work out a deal, you know win-win… good titbits for Mutt Munchies.
La Hordern